Sunday, April 8, 2018

Moving is hard! Playing now to Refresh and Prepare.


Shanna on top of Wolverine Man (Anchorage, AK)

The past few weeks in Kodiak were super busy, full of emotion, and full of exhaustion, but I can sum it up as good and acceptable exhaustion.




Last Ski in Kodiak by Pyramid.  Kodi & Sadie love exercise & the outdoors

Movers came March 14 & 15th.  Carpet cleaner came the 16th.  Going away party was the 17th.  Jason left on the 22nd for Fire Academy training in Texas.  Last day of my job at KCHC on the 27th, then traveled to Ninilchik for my last work trip on the 28-30th.  I then returned back to Kodiak for the weekend which included house finishes, packing, final ski with Patrick and Nora, Easter with the Pigage's and McClure's, a peaceful evening with a another dear friend, Ginny, and an early morning departure from Kodiak.
On the start of my departure from Alaska, I got to spend the day with Meg in Anchorage for a final bucket list 10 mile hike on Wolverine, and then that evening, off to Utah.  I arrived to Utah on April 3rd with my eyes so sooo heavy and maybe half closed.  I spent the day meeting and getting to know two new sweet classmates, hiking and eating one's cultural food.  I also got to stop by my new home and drop off some bags and frozen boxes of meats.  While there I met my landlord's 99 yr old father.  Oh wow! what a completely adorable older gentleman!!!  He smiled the entire time and was so lovely!!  He said he could see I had glasses on and I had dark hair and he asked if it was real.  He was loudly listening to "old day" 1920's sounding music on his Amazon speaker.  It was wonderful and beautiful.  I find myself often questioning now, what are the necessary boundaries between a landlord's family and pets and me/us--the tenants, that live above them in this Utah house!?  Thank goodness I have a smart landlord husband and a smart - practical future roommate....

Farewell to Utah for now... because the next day I was off to Chicago to visit my sweet friend from Nome who now lives in Rockford, IL; 3.5 short days with her family, and now off to Cleveland for 8.5 days to visit the Podoll's.
School starts in 1 month exactly (as of yesterday).

Below are the few pics that I captured during this transition period.
Farewell cake for J&me.

Last Ski with Nora Saltonstall & her father (our photographer)
Pyramid Mtn behind us
Last ski in Kodiak
with Patrick and Nora Saltonstall

Easter with the Pigage's and McClure's,
on top of Old Woman
Carrie's Art at Easter

the Bays of Kodiak from Old Woman
Easter Hike (Old Woman, Middle and Kalsin)
View of Kodiak from Old Woman
Easter Hike


3 Sisters, Monashka, and Antones on Kodiak

Oh Kodiak we will miss you! Until later, we hope!

Meg and I on Wolverine Mtn, 10.5 mile hike.
Excellent finale to time in Alaska

Argentinean Empanadas (meat, potatoes, olive, hard boiled egg, cumin, paprika, salt)
made by Vannina

Organic Valley Dairy Farm.  Felt so surreal in so many ways!

um YUM!  fresh, raw, organic, unpasteurized milk 

"we go to the farm" to get the milk!
Lauren and I are not in Alaska anymore!

Me, Sagan, Ethan and Lauren

Such a fabulous trip with Lauren!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving is hard! Playing now to Refresh and Prepare.

Shanna on top of Wolverine Man (Anchorage, AK) The past few weeks in Kodiak were super busy, full of emotion, and full of exhaustion, ...