Friday, March 2, 2018

Sunday Fun Day retro post

Sunday was a busy day...okay actually all days these days are busy as we continue to prep for our move to Utah.

did I wear my shoes wrong?  look at the tips ????
We had church and then I worked on my to list as fast as I could before our 2 pm departure for a group hike with some friend and Jason's bosses from Orions.   At 3pm we set out for a hike up Sharatin mtn. north trail.  This trail is about 2 miles through the trees, twisting and turning and up and down but mostly a looonnng gradual incline.  It then opens into alpine meadows with a sprinkle of spruce trees here and there until you climb out of the trees completely in the alpine.   We almost got to the no trees, but actually stopped at the start of the alpine and "summit".


A bit before we left the trees, we put on our snowshoes that we were carrying to handle the deeper snow.  the snow was perfect for snowshoeing.  It was firm where needed and fluffy but not post hole fluffy.
Overall, it was the perfect Sunday fun day hike and with excellent company.
Jason, Sharon and Steve on Sharatin

My favorite bay and view on Kodiak.  Behind the 2 tall spruce trees is Whale Island


I also learned today after church that I booked my ticket wrong.  Jason and I were working on his travel Saturday night and mine too.  Mine from ADQ to SLC with a long layover in ANC.  Then the next day after arriving to SLC, I fly to Chicago to see a sweet friend and her family that I met in Nome.  A few days later I go to Cleveland to see the Podoll's and my absolutely hilarious and adorable godchild Maryn!  then a week later I meet Jason in KC.  There we will buy a car and drive west.  So the wrong ticket!?  I was supposed to leave Kodiak on the 3rd and arrive to SLC on the 4th. But since the coast guard books this ticket from Kodiak, I went ahead and booked my others.  I realized on Sunday that the ticket I booked for Chicago and beyond from SLC actually was booked for me to leave on the 3rd out of SLC.  (insert hand on head!). So if I had to keep the ADQ to SLC ticket, it would have had me arriving to SLC at 8am'ish and then leaving at 9:30am'ish for Chicago.  Soooo...I leave the day after Easter now from Kodiak!  :)   Moral of this story.  Don't drink social when booking tickets :).  ~Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving is hard! Playing now to Refresh and Prepare.

Shanna on top of Wolverine Man (Anchorage, AK) The past few weeks in Kodiak were super busy, full of emotion, and full of exhaustion, ...