Thursday, February 22, 2018

I will not title this, "it's been a few days"

Spruce Cape walk with a great view to 3 sisters (left) and Monashka (right) mountains at sunset
















3 Sisters at sunset on Spruce Cape--camera couldn't capture the beauty seen by the eyes


Truth is, it has been a few days since I posted, but I know that it will only get a bit worse in the weeks/months/years to come.  New Years Resolution though in Feb??? :) Sure I'll take the challenge!

A reflection on why it's been a few day.  
To be honest, everything shuts down come Monday to Wednesday in our world because I work those days.  I guess you could say that currently I work hard then play hard and repeat and repeat and repeat.  it also didn't help that I caught something that my body fought off very quickly on Monday.  It started with the, "oh my am I pregnant morning nausea that wouldn't leave" to then the body aches that had me thinking, was my ugly fall on Pyramid on Saturday that ugly?  I successfully made it through the day at work and then came home and just put myself to bed.  I had no appetite all day which is SOOO not in my genes.  I love food!  Needless to say, Monday was completely wasted when it comes to productivity and for enjoying the most beautiful day ever!!!  

Little more on why a few days: 
My current job was built to be a part time position only, so I work Monday thru Wednesday.  Then I try to sleep in on Thursdays (till 8-9am) because I can and then I try to work from home for my fun WIC gig, run errands, do house chores, etc, but come Thursday I'm very good at kickstarting my 4 days of play!  The hard play usually comes from not being the best at giving a lot of time to exercise and health Mon-Wed.  For some reason I work, but I don't attack the exercise game hard on Mon-Wed.  I might grab a 20-30 min swim over lunch or a small walk with the dogs, but nothing major and crazy often on those days.  So come Thursday, and a sunny Thursday, I'm ready for an all day play session.  
Currently, Jason and I are feeling the weight of things coming upon us.  He will be traveling to Texas soon for his fire school which he needs airfare, housing, transportation, and supplies to take with him.  Last night I found that I might need to take control and be his arranger.  ;)
Meanwhile, I need airfare out of Alaska to Salt Lake City, then Cleveland and then to Kansas City where we hope to buy a car.  Oh and before that I need to sell my truck in Kodiak.  We are still looking full force on so many websites for a house to rent for 3 adults in SLC by April.  We are still picking through our belongs to purge and clean before the movers come in now 3 weeks!  Before they arrive, Jason and I will also get to pack 3 & 5 bags worth of stuff that we will fly with when we both leave, and make a pile for his van that will travel with him.  Did I leave anything out? :)

We received good news this week...Jason's coast guard disability physical will be soon and in Kodiak (where mine was in Anchorage)!!! My saying for Anchorage stuff and a lot of things these days is, "we don't have time for that!"  :)  We have been waiting on this appointment since, say...July!  This will open up a lot of possibilities for us or him by getting this done, which makes us very happy.   
Jason also received good news this past week that he drew a caribou and elk tag for 2018 hunts...ie: meat in our freezer and another great Alaska adventure.  He will plan to return to AK this fall for the elk tag, which will be an incredible experience for him, which I am super excited for him.   

The to do list is long and ever growing, but each day is a new day and there is a lot of calm breathing and playing that makes tackling it much easier.  We will get to the finish line without a doubt and we will be ready.   ~Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving is hard! Playing now to Refresh and Prepare.

Shanna on top of Wolverine Man (Anchorage, AK) The past few weeks in Kodiak were super busy, full of emotion, and full of exhaustion, ...