Thursday, February 8, 2018

Play ALL Day while the husband works


 
Pillar again, same directions as yesterdays sunset pics.

Sadie (left), Kodi (right yellow lab) loving the ski on Pyramid today.


 Me on Pyramid.  

I was supposed to be in Ninilchik, AK for a work trip last night till Friday night but I had no patients to see so we canceled the trip all together.  Bummer because I enjoy going there and I have made such beautiful friends there which it is a treat in my days to go visit and see them.....however, it was the most beautiful, high 30's, mostly windless day today in Kodiak today; so I was happy how the schedule worked out for me.  It was one of those days where a Kodiakian just wants to PLAY ALL DAY.   
Jason and I worked on the house loan and other important school things so needless to say, by 9am I was frazzled and grumpy, so when a friend said, hey want to walk, I was all over that.  The walk went like this.... Up Pillar with Amy and mostly down with Amy.  Then we ran into a lovely friend RaeJean so her and I caught up for probably 10-15 minutes till another favorite friend, Carrie came walking up.  It had been so long and it is so good to see Carrie that I decided to walk "a ways" with her...all the way actually up Pillar again.  We parted at the top and I came back down the road as she did the trail in her Xtra Tuffs (I had tennis shoes on which wouldn't handle the depth of snow we have currently).  I raced home to end my starving & talking stomach after 2.5 hours on the mountain.  Ate fast and loaded the truck with Sadie and Kodi and double ski gear and ran out to Pyramid to hit the backcountry mountain since it was SO beautiful, sunny, blue skies, and it was supposed to rain tomorrow :( and I have heard the mountain had powder!  Well....we will get to that!  It was a beautiful and heart pumping, energy sucking, skin up after two hikes on Pillar today and a run on Pillar yesterday.  By the time I got to the top it was starting to blow and the weather was coming down.  The ski down was an event with the dogs till maybe they finally learned that they can't run across my skis and when I make turns.  The snow..... it was hard to move in for me.  The turns were scary..."will I blow my knee out on this one I kept thinking".  I would describe it as breakable crust with mashed potatoes under it.  :( BOO!  I got to the bottom of the jibber bowl and expressed to a boarder that I might have to bail and walk out...but by the bottom after that, it seemed much easier to turn and get down which made me happy.  However those quads were screaming the entire time.   That happens when you are out of shape (which I am not) or when snow is tough!!! <-Yes!
Tomorrow I must work, work from home!  Jason will work some and then I get to play again with downtown community events!  A part time job right now in my life is a reward especially on beautiful sunny Kodiak days and even more so when with beautiful friends/people.   ~Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving is hard! Playing now to Refresh and Prepare.

Shanna on top of Wolverine Man (Anchorage, AK) The past few weeks in Kodiak were super busy, full of emotion, and full of exhaustion, ...